Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catergorizing

Recently one of my friends that i thought knew me told me i was boring because i wouldn't talk to her. she paid no attention to my reaction she then procceded to talk to another one of my friends. but when i stood up and said "Excuse me while i remove my boring self from your incredibly exciting presence. forgive me for intruding on your awesomeness" i am pretty sure she noticed i then walked from the room into the bathroom to punch the wall. this had already happened to me at school and that just made it worst. two people telling me that?!i do talk when i feel the need. i find listening to people better it helps me to understand their reasons behind doing things
why do people have to catergize people like that? pretend that they know every fiber of our soul and then take all of our being and puts it into a little box with a label on it? why do they think that they have the right to do that? it makes me feel infuriated that they think have the right to do that to set us apart from the mass in abad way just because we are who we are. a good way of being set apart is in regular everyday life when you relaize the defining characteristic of yourself.
needless to say i think maybe i was a little hasty and she is no longer my friend
stuff like that happens so rapidly though one second you have a friend the next someone oversteps the line and it happens the momentous moment of the day when everything changes in the day of our lives.
she was never close to me and i don't think that it was right that she thought she had the power to do that.i am happy i stood up for my self and not let her walk all over me. but i can't help but think what would have happened if i had just explained it to her and not reacted like i did...
it reminds me of what Edward said about Alice seeing things in Twilight.
that things of the future are not defininte and the slightest change in the roads of the future affects the future of that person...

3 comments:

griffinrider said...

what your friend did certainly wasn't nice. though people do it all the time. thing is, if you make a big deal out of it, you, well, make it a big deal. and it doesn't have to be. if you aren't such good friends anyway, then it doesn't really matter. who cares what she thinks?

TwilightMafia said...

thanks griffinrider. i know i overreact sometimes but in this case i was glad i did. what she said made it clear to me that she is not a real friend to me

Mella said...

People like that are just...down right up their own.

I used to punch the wall, until I took off a load of skin when I punched a nail. By accident of course.

I mean how can you expect someone to pay attention to you if you don't return the favour?